Sunday, February 25, 2007

Nine Year Old Blues (audio)

Whooee! Well decent humans, I been stewin' on this here situation with 9 year-old Kevin the Canajun who's bein' held in that there Texas jailhouse after he an' his Iranian parents was hauled off a plane that was s'posed t' land in Canada but had t' land in Puerto Rico instead on accounta some passenger had a heart attack. I wrote me up a song an' I asked my squirrel-huntin' buddy Steve from down the street t' back me up on the guitar.

This song's made up t' the tune o' Johnny Cash's Fulsom Prison Blues. Here's the MP3.

Nine Year Old Blues

I hear the train a comin´
It´s rolling down the line
I'm a Canadian citizen, my age is only nine
But I'm stuck in a Merkan prison, I'm beggin' Pete MacKay
Start phoning Condoleezza and get me out today...

I ain't much more than a baby and my family's locked up, too
I'm lost in legal limbo and I don't know what to do
I ended up in Texas, where I ain't got no rights
I'm askin' MacKay an' Harper to take up my fight...

I see MacKay with Condi holdin' hands and flashin' smiles,
They're eatin' fancy dinners and I'm stuck here all the while,
Well, we never seen it comin', now we can't get free,
But Pete keeps kissin' Condi's ass
While the Merkans torture me...

Well, if Pete's got human decency
He'll get us out of jail
He'll call his girlfriend Condi and tell my sorry tale
Kiddies locked in Texas prisons, a tale that must be told
Please help me get out, Peter, I'm only nine years old.

I hear the train a comin´
It´s rolling down the line
I'm a Canadian citizen, my age is only nine
But I'm stuck in a Merkan prison, I'm beggin' Pete MacKay
Start phoning Condoleezza and get me out today.

CLICK HERE FOR THE MP3 AUDIO DOWNLOAD

JimBobby

1 comment:

Annamarie said...

JimBobby, that is really good! Sorry, I couldn't hear the audio, as for some reason, it won't play right.

I just hear you saying whoeeee and the slider goes to the end and I hear nothing else. Jeez, I sure wish I weren't such a tech dummy! And I sure wish some people who know about these darn puters like yourself lived close by... (That's the same thing that happened with your other song in the link you emailed me..) I don't know why this thing won't work, and I can't afford to keep taking it in to the shop for fixing...

Anyway, you did really well on this song. I'll send you an email now, and see how I can get some of your songs, ok?

thanks for all your help with this tragic case, and for your solidarity. much appreciated!

~Annamarie
(http://verbena19.wordpress.com)