Thursday, June 09, 2005

The Ol' Grey Wall (he ain't what he useta be)

Whooee! Well, friends an' foes, I had a couplafew fellers ask when I was gonna write up another song an' post up a audio boog fer yer lissenin' pleasure. I set my keester down jest now an' got a new song writ an' I recorded it, too.

I guess I better admit I spliced two recordin's together. The first version din't have me givin' any introduction t' the song so I made a new one an' pasted it in front o' the first one. It ain't too tricky an' I don't see any o' them poppity-pop lines like in them Grewal tapes. Ol' Grey oughta get hisself better audio editin' software. I reckon he coulda made a haff-assed decent job out of it if he'd o' used Audacity or Sound Forge.

So, here's my little song set t' the tune o' The Old Grey Mare.

The Ol' GreyWall

Oh, the ol' GreyWall, he ain't what he useta be,
Ain't what he useta be, ain't what he useta be.
The ol' GreyWall, he ain't what he useta be,
Many long years ago.

Oh, the ol' GreyWall, he sez he's a super-sleuth,
Exposin' the awful truth, from a recordin' booth.
The ol' GreyWall, he sez he's a super-sleuth,
Rootin' out Liberal wrongs.

Oh, the ol' GreyWall, he fired up his tape machine,
Tape recorded Martin's team playin' at a dirty scheme.
The ol' GreyWall, he fired up his tape machine,
An' secretly taped the Grits.

Oh, the ol' GreyWall, he leaked the tapes in bits an' bursts,
Inflictin' lotsa Liberal hurt, as 'round specifics they did skirt.
The ol' GreyWall, he leaked the tapes in bits an' bursts,
Leavin' out some juicy parts.

Oh, the GreyWall tapes, they ain't what they useta be,
Send 'em to the RCMP, we'll see who done skullduggery,
The GreyWall tapes, they been altered, yessirree.
So say the audio cops.

Oh, the ol' GreyWall's got support from leader Steve Harpoon,
Backin' up his star buffoon, better smell the coffee soon.
The ol' GreyWall's got support from leader Steve Harpoon,
He's about the only one.

Now, ol' GreyWall is neck-deep in another mess,
No wonder he's feelin' stress, did he or did he not invest?
Fifty-thousand bucks, in one day and out the next.
Welcome to Canadee.

Oh, the ol' GreyWall's constituents have writ him off.
At his stories, they do scoff, just a politician at the trough.
The ol' GreyWall's constituents have writ him off.
Pension the sumbitch off.


The audio version (3:50 1.77MB mp3) has choruses sung in between the verses so there's more there than there is here but I'm a lazyass an' I couldn't bother with all o' the ding-dong typewritin'.

Yores trooly,
JimBobby

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good fer ya JimBobby, but ya didn't have yo banjo widyadidya?
A.Lester

Anonymous said...

Another fine bit of satirical song-writing!

ricky said...

Good job Buddy!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to use your music in a video clip about Mr. Grewal, emal me philip@scubaq.ca

JimBobby said...

Whooee! Thankee fer them comments, fellers.

Zorfy, I tried t' email you but it come back t' me like this here ---

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

philip@scubaq.ca

I reckon I can tell you here what I sed in my email. Mebbe you an' I both can become internet millionaires with yer video. As long as you give credit where credit's due an' put in a link back t' ol' JimBobby Sez, I reckon I got no troublems with you workin' my song inta yer video. It oughta be sum fun, sez I.

Yores trooly,
JimBobby

buckets said...

Jim Bobby. Sorry it's taken me so long to come a praise your work, but I've been a little wrapped up in other things. You're the next Stompin' Tom.

Anonymous said...

JimBob,

Don't ever change man. Your blog real is one the funniest and serious ones there (not sure where there is, but it is out there)

Thanks for laughs.

The release will be happening soon. I don't know if you can spin this into a "Wierd Al" sort of thing, but I'd buy the CD!

Zorph

Anonymous said...

Great blog you have. I have a site about fretless banjo tunings. You can check it out at fretless banjo tunings