Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Rawhide on the Rideau (Song, Audio)

Whooee! Well friends, I heard sum sad news today. Ol' Frankie Laine died. Frankie's the feller who sang that there Rawhide song that goes "Rollin', rollin', rollin'..." I figgered Frankie'd been dead fer ages but he was 93 an' stll kickin'. Up til yesterday, leastwise.

Anyways, I wrote me a song t' the tune o' that there Rawhide song an' I made a MP3 audio boog so's everybuddy can listen. Here's the words:

Rawhide on the Rideau

Strollin', Strollin', Strollin',
'Cross the aisle they're strollin',
Our MP's are a-strollin',
Rawhide!
Wajid, Belinda and Garth,
It's enough to make a man barf,
The way they can jump from side to side.
Emerson's another
Switched over to the others
And didn't let the voters decide.

Stand 'em up, Sit 'em down,
Pound the desks, shout 'em down,
Stand 'em up, Sit 'em down,
Rawhide!
Whip the vote, Yay or Nay,
Don't listen to what the voters say,
Count 'em up, Yay or Nay,
Rawhide!

They're movin', movin', movin'
The public's disapprovin'
But them MP's keep on movin'
Rawhide!
The voters keep on waitin'
For effective legislatin'
While MP's are livin' high and wide.
In Parliamentary quarrels,
Don't expect no morals,
When MP's jump from side to side.

Stand 'em up, Sit 'em down,
Sit 'em down, stand 'em up,
Pound the desks, shout 'em down,
Rawhide!
Count 'em up, Yay or Nay,
Don't listen to what the voters say,
Whip the vote, Yay or Nay,
Rawhide!

The drummer is a-drummin'
An election's surely comin'
The backrooms are a-hummin'
Rawhide!
Liberals, Cons and Dippers,
Flip-floppers and flop-flippers
Our MP's keep jumpin' side to side
Never mind the voters
Watch out for the swiftboaters
And never admit that your guys lied.

Stand 'em up, Sit 'em down,
Pound the desks, shout 'em down,
Stand 'em up, Sit 'em down,
Rawhide!
Whip the vote, Yay or Nay,
Don't listen to what the voters say,
Count 'em up, Yay or Nay,
Rawhide!

CLICK HERE FER THE AUDIO MP3

Yeow! I hope I ain't bein' disrespectful o' Frankie Laine an' that I am bein' disrespectful o' them aisle-crossin', double-crossin' MP's an' the whips who's whippin' 'em.

Yores trooly,

JimBobby

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Standing ovation! *grin*

I remember Frankie and loved Rawhide -- great show, great song. And this is a great parody. Well done, JimBobby.

JimBobby said...

Whooee! Thankee fer the good words, Skdaddler. An' thankee, too, fer postin' up that there link over t' the Bread'n'Roses BB.

My ol' Mum useta have a buncha Frankie Laine 78's. Mule Train was one I remember. Lotsa whip-crackin' in it. Back when I was a kid in the 50's, westerns was king an' cowboy songs was favourites. When I was 'bout 10 an' s'posed t' be sleepin', me an' my little brother useta put our little heads next t' a earphone from crystal set an' we'd love it when Marty Robbins did El Paso.

JB

Zorpheous said...

So how has the old site counter been today?

JimBobby said...

Whooee! Site stats, like my real identity, are a closely guarded secret - mainly on accounta they're so low. It'll break a hunnert, today, but probbly not two hunnert.
I'm gettin' a bunch from yer wingnutery site an' a few from pergressive boogers an' liblogs an' a few from bread'n'roses.

JB

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping the ol' site counter does go up for you JimBobby. A talent like yours should not be hidden under a bushel.

I loved Rawhide as a kid too. And too, I thought Frankie died a million years ago....sorry Frankie, hope your many years were wonderful ones. You made a lot of people very happy in that span...not like some politicos we could mention.

Must forward the link to your site to those who can appreciate it.

Many thanks JimBobby....and you are on my daily read list now.

JimBobby said...

Whooee! Thankee kindly, GeorgineGal. I hope I don't disappointcha if I don't post every day. I usually post 'bout three boog stories a week an' the singin' ones is only occasional.

Frankie Laine, R.I.P.

JB

thebeath said...

check my blogread the full info here have a peek at this web-sitei loved this my review herenext

teataypit said...

explication meilleurs sacs de répliques en ligne mon site réplique louis vuitton répliques de sacs page suivante sacs de répliques de luxe