Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Dion's Got Problems

Whooee! Well friends an' foes, I was watchin' the Lloyd Robertson TV News Show last night an' they were yammerin' on all 'bout this here new 'pinion poll that don't look good fer the GrittyBoys. This here poll sez the Liberals lost 8% support since back in December an' most o' that support - 5% - went t' Earth Mother Lizzie May an' the Greenies. The ConMen picked up 3% an' the Dippers an' rotten separatist BlocHeads didn't budge.

Mebbe now that the Dips see us Greens ain't takin' from them but from the Grits, they'll lay off in the bad-mouth-the-greens department.

Accordin' t' that poll, the biggest troublem fer the Liberals is their leader. Dion comes up short in jest about every question havin' t' do with leadership. Bad news, sez I.

I figger Dion's got two bigass problems an' here's what they are --

  • His personality. Dion seems like the kinda guy you'd want fer a next door neighbour - quiet, timid, unassuming, intelligent, MYOB type, cuts his grass with a non-powered mower, rakes leaves instead o' usin' a bigass blower. You know. Good neighbour stuff -- not bossman o' Canada stuff.
  • His English. It ain't good. Sure, Harpoon's French ain't great but Harpoon don't need French-speakin' voters as much as Dion needs English-speakers. Everybuddy knows Dion's a university perfessor an' we expect better English from him than we accepted from Chretien. Folks say it ain't that he's incapable o' learnin' but that he never thought it was very important. It is, sez I.

I never woulda thought Harper's personality would be on the plus side fer the cardboard guy who shakes hands with the kiddies. When Harpoon wins in personality, it can only mean there's sumpin' wrong with the other guy.

If the Grits wanna pull their fat outta the fire, they gotta put a new suit on Dion an' they gotta get him a language coach. If they don't whip him inta shape, they're gonna have their own Kim Campbell on their hands -- 'cept Dion won't even get t' be PM like Kim did.

I ain't bettin' the Grits'll take my advice an' that's jest fine an' dandy on accounta the Grits' loss is the Greens' gain.

Yores trooly,
JimBobby

4 comments:

Walks With Coffee said...

Quote: "Dion seems like the kinda guy you'd want fer a next door neighbour - quiet, timid, unassuming, intelligent, MYOB type, cuts his grass with a non-powered mower, rakes leaves instead o' usin' a bigass blower. You know. Good neighbour stuff -- not bossman o' Canada stuff."

I have a neighbour like that.. and I trust him with my house - literally. I'd trust that type over a bully any day.

JimBobby said...

Whooee! Yer right as rain, CoffeeWalker. I ain't sayin' Harper IS a better leader or is doin' a better job than Dion could do. It's a perception thing. Harpoon my be a bully an' the way he treats his own cabinet along with them dumbass attacj ads sez he is. That gets through t' wonks but it don't get through t' the hockey moms an' dads or the coffee shop philosophers.

All that crappola Harpoon spews 'bout Canada punchin' above its weight on the world stage appeals t' plenty o' Canajuns. I ain't sold that Harpoon's helpin' us puunch harder an' I ain't a big fan o' punchin', in general, but if yer thetype who sees yer leader as yer country's gladiator on the world stage, personality has a role t' play.

I ain't sayin' that Dion's troublems are "fair". Polyticks ain't 'bout fairness, sad t' say. I seen Dion quoted again usin' the word "unfair" like in them attack ads. Sorry, but he sounds whiny when he does that.

JB

Anonymous said...

" I'd trust that type over a bully any day. "

That's right, and I would suggest that those who want bullies as their leaders form the 37% now supporting the CPC. Not much growth there, I think. On the other hand, fear of a Harper majority might cause problems for Layton and May, should an election be called soon.

JimBobby said...

Whooee! Thankee fer chimin' in, RichardFeller. Yer probbly right an' sum GPC an' NDPers'll vote strategically fer the adscammin' Grits. I done that once but my Gritty choice lost anyways an' I felt rotten fer not votin' my conscience.

JB