Whooee! Well friends an’ foes, suppose you had an extra $300 or $400 million bucks burnin’ a hole in yer pants pocket. Whaddya reckon you could get fer that sorta dough?
- $300 million will keep Canada’s war machine running in Afghanistan for about 4 months.
- $250 million will buy one year of Canadian aid and reconstruction in Afghanistan.
- $300 million will pay for the Ontario taxpayers’ share of cost overruns for the refurbishment of nuclear reactors by Bruce Power. The estimated $2.75 billion project is now expected to cost $3.1 to $3.4 billion.
- $326 million will buy twice the $163 million investment Ontario put into alternative energy programs in 2007.
- $300 million will provide 60% of the $500 million the UN’s World Food Program says it desperately needs to prevent 89 million people from starving.
- $300 million will fund the American war effort in Iraq for about 13 hours.
- $330 million will address clean water issues on every First Nations reserve in Canada.
- $300 million will buy TV ads for Al Gore’s 3 year climate change initiative.
- $400 million will clean up the Sydney Tar Ponds.
- $277 million will fund the taxpayers’ cost of a federal general election in Canada.
I’m sure itchin’ to spend $300 mil. I wonder what else I could get fer a big wad o’ cash like that.