Well friends an' foes, I was yammerin' in a comments' section gabfest over to Scotty's boog and a feller commentin' as "Jim" left this choice morsel:
Jim Says:Pay attention to how he refers to the enemy as Muslim. When Elizabeth May pointed out that the Taliban uses the "Christian/Crusader" invasion as a method to bolster recruiting, that message is spun and deliberately misinterpreted. Ms. May was entirely correct that the optics of a North American Christian army is playing into the hands of the Taliban. As usual, the CPC chose to play politics with Canadian soldiers lives and decided to ridicule a suggestion that one of NATO's tactics might play into the hands of the enemy.
January 26th, 2008 at 8:14 am
Yes Liberal MP’s, call an election on the issue of Muslim prisoners that try to torture, blow up and murder our troops. It is such a winning issue to go on.
Please do it, and do it now!
Meanwhile, we have dozens of BT's and commenters like Jim characterizing the enemy as Muslims and drooling at the prospect of their torture.
News flash, Jim: Canadians don't want our brave dedicated men and women in the Forces to be ordered to violate the Geneva Conventions. Canadians want to be proud of our good soldiers. Canadians want to help Afghani Muslims build a peaceful society. Canadians do not defend or relish the idea that our allies are torturing the prisoners we hand over to them.
I've been hoping we get a chance to tell Harper and his gang of muzzled ministers just what we think of their government. I've expressed disappointment at Stephane Dion's failure to allow his caucus to bring down the worst government in Canadian history. So, while I find Jim's comment offensive and counterproductive to our mission in Afghanistan, I do agree with one part of it.
Here's how I responded over at Scott's DiaTribes.
I hope Dion grows a pair and we go to the polls.Let's put an end to this. Soon.
How many more winning issues does Dion need before he does the right thing?
- A PM that continually lies to Canadians and to Parliament is a winning issue to go on.
- Ministerial incompetence in multiple ministries is a winning issue to go on.
- Embarrassment of Canada on the world stage is a winning issue to go on.
- Canada blindly propping up the corrupt, warlord-ruled, narco-state known officially as The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is a winning issue to go on.
- The wedge-driving, divisive, region-versus-region tactics of the current government is a winning issue to go on.
- The mismanagement of the economy and failure to reduce personal income tax while doling out billions to the tar sand developers is a winning issue to go on.
- The reneging of the Atlantic Accords is a winning issue to go on.
- The lack of accountability and transparency from a government that was elected on just those issues is a winning issue to go on.
- The failure to make any improvements in healthcare waiting times is a winning issue to go on.
- The lockstep march with George W. Bush and the secret SPP talks aimed at eliminating Canadian sovereignty with a North American Union is a winning issue to go on.
- The lip service and inaction on the environment is a winning issue to go on.
- The failure of Canada to comply with the Geneva Conventions is a winning issue to go on.
- The blatant racism of CPC supporters who refer to the enemy as Muslims while deriding anyone who says the enemy is framing this as a holy war is a winning issue to go on.
Change the climate in Parliament. Vote Green.